Innovation Fund Grant
Since 2005, the Foundation has strived to improve the quality of the application process for Innovation Award Grants. The 2011 Awards Committee (Innovation Grant Review Committee) has taken the time to review the current situation and offer recommendations for improvement.
The objective of the changes was intended to;
- reduce the upfront work by prospective researchers,
- increase the number and variety of projects proposed
- improve the potential for interaction between researchers and the Foundation
- allow for input on the part of the CFP into potential projects
- broaden the variety of applications (ie., proof of concept, additional funding for current research, full funding of research)
The recommendation from the committee is a two-page "letter of intent". This streamlined document would be filled out by prospective researchers to share their ideas with the Foundation. The Board would then inform the prospective researchers they were interested in working with, to provide a full proposal. This recommendation was approved by the Board on February 28th, 2012.
Maximum amount of the grant is $50,000.
2013 Application [DEADLINE – May 3rd, 2013]
Send all Submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Previous awards Winners
- 2011 - Ontario Pharmacists'
Association-Green Shield Canada Hypertension Collaborative
- 2010 - Neil McKinnon
- 2009 - Dr. Lisa Guirguis
- 2007 & 2008 - Dr. Ross Tsuyuki
Dr. Tsuyuki's studies: